Click here to find out more about how AskDr works for doctors
Orthopaedic & Sports
Orthopedics is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, correction, prevention, and treatment of patients with skeletal deformities - disorders of the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves and skin. These elements make up the musculoskeletal system. Your body's musculoskeletal system is a complex system of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves and allows you to move, work and be active. Once devoted to the care of children with spine and limb deformities, orthopedics now cares for patients of all ages, from newborns with clubfeet, to young athletes requiring arthroscopic surgery, to older people with arthritis. The physicians who specialize in this area are called orthopedic surgeons or orthopedists.
Orthopaedic & Sports
Our community is for discussions relating to orthopaedics. Topics of discussion include, but are not limited to - back pain, neck and shoulder pain, sports injury, tennis elbows, and knee or hip replacements.
  1. 0
  2. Hi Jsmum,
    Thanks for sharing this interesting case. Lesser toe deformities in children can be quite common as they grow. Deviation of the toe is usually referred to as curly toe deformities and typically get better as the child grows and wears more closed shoes. Of course, it is important to exclude other causes like a local growth pushing the toe out or a fracture. If the pain from rubbing on the deviated toe is causing more pain, I would suggest consultation with a foot & ankle specialist. 
    Dr. Gowreeson T
    Space Doctor
  3. 0
  4. Dear @leonida_hegmann There appears to be a displaced fracture of the right clavicle. You should have a discussion with the orthopedics surgeon managing your mother and discuss surgical and non surgical options. You can check with them how long her recovery is likely to take and optimise her sugar control before, during and after surgery. Hope this helps.
    Dr. Yan Y T
  5. 2
  6. 0
  7. 2
  8. Thanks Dr Ramesh, I have since obtained x ray at clinic and was referred to orthopaedic for further evaluation. There’s no fracture or dislocation detected. There’s some suggestion of effusion and occult fracture which the doctor unable to rule out. 
    Appreciate your time for  giving your advice. 

  9. 0
  10. Hi @edgar this is something that needs to be examined! Have you had an injury to the coccyx before, such as a high impact fall directly landing in a seated position on the floor? Mild-moderate Scoliosis itself is not expected to contribute to such symptoms - I recommend that you visit your GP/family physician for a more in-depth review and examination to get to the bottom of this issue.
    Dr. Dinesh G
  11. 1
  12. Oh Okay
  13. 1
  14. Hello, it looks like the skin scar itself is ok, but that there is a lump internally. This is most likely due to scarring over the tendon repair internally, and is quite common. You may want to work with a hand therapist especially if your motion is still  impeded. It generally should improve with time. Hope that helps!
    Dr. Ken J T
  15. 1
  16. Dear @jchua ,
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing tenderness in your knees. Given the chronicity of your symptoms, it would be worth a visit to a GP or the polyclinic for further assessment with regards to your symptoms to ascertain a working diagnosis. The polyclinic doctor or the GP can then refer you to a specialist. Of course, you can book yourself into any private specialist clinic on your own too. I hope this helps. 
    Dr. Hamid R
  17. 1
  18. Hi Hannan it sounds like you may have developed a paronychia infection of your nail fold. It is good to get this checked by a doctor as sometimes this needs drainage in addition to antibiotics 
    Dr. Ken J T